Semantic Cursor is a small multi-user game I made as a final project for Machine Learning for the Web.
My goal was to build a playful exploration of a sematic space. I was also interested in exploring the use of conversational interfaces for collaboration.
Users accessing the app share a single game of Semantic Cursor. The goal is to traverse the semantic space, word by word to get from one random word to another random word.
- it is annoying when someone interrupts you
- turn taking is impossible to signal
- there are some bad words in there
- the random problems are more solveable than expected
- the cognitive load is heavier than I expected
- there are some weird pockets, eg a very large space of male first names
- Signaling others (presence, activity)
- active user count
- other user currently typing signal
- blacklisting scary words
- retraining Word2Vec with a topical corpus specific to different communities
- more game mechanics